I’ve always loved the look and idea of Kanji.
Used as a pictographical representation of the Japanese language, it’s as if each little Kanji character is a miniature work of art unto itself.
And what better Kanji symbol to share with you, my lovely Makeup Moxies, than the one that represents the Japanese word, “bi” (pronounced kind of like the word, “be”).
Translated into English as “beauty,” the word “bi” is also necessary to form the Japanese words for art (“bijutsu”) and elegance or grace (“yuubi”).
So while this character may look pretty on the outside, it certainly possesses a much greater depth of meaning on the inside (a metaphor for life, perhaps? ;)
Here’s to a beautiful weekend, Makeup Moxies…and to some excellent weekend beauty reading! Be sure to check out this week’s featured posts from The Beauty Blog Network:
- Bionic Beauty shares her mineral makeup look of the day: “Rockin’ the Glow”.
- Beauty and Fashion Tech has a list of makeup palettes that are perfect for holiday gifts.
- The Muse shares her collection and reviews of Be Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful Perfumes.
- Savvy Skin covets all of Oprah’s Favorite Things 2007
- Temptalia reviews MAC’s Metal-X Collection with swatches!
- Elke reviews the ColorPro stick on eye shadow stencils, with somewhat iffy results.
- Stylish Opinion finds a new ‘green’ beauty skincare line, “Green By Nature”.
- The Beauty Blog Network welcomes newest member Scandalous Beauty to it’s team.
- Beauty Banter muses about the hot new trend: Cat Eyes. Find out who’s wearing it and how you can achieve the look too!
- 15 Minute Beauty Fanatic checks out Prescriptive’s Holiday 2007 Sets
- A Touch of Blusher can’t live without this hand cream!
- Beauty and Personality Grooming: Herbal after shampoo hair rinses
- SugarShock finds a bath and shower gel that’s worthy of Cleopatra.
- Makeup Loves Me is seduced by Sunsilk’s Get Hairapy commercials…but not it’s shampoos.
- Scandalous Beauty delivers an exclusive interview with Celebrity Make-Up Artist Sam Fine!
- Face Candy gets a new holiday look and reviews Marc Jacob’s newest scent, Daisy.
- Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog interviews Paris Hilton and gets her top 5 beauty tips.
Have a great weekend, Makeup Moxies!
Thank you to About.com: Japanese Language for the translations.