I recently looked back at my favorite beauty products of 2007, but now I’m going to go out on a limb and make some beauty predictions for 2008.
Will I be right? Will I be wrong? I guess we’ll all just have to wait and see ;)
1. Green, Green, and More Green. Hold on to your Hybrids, lovies, the Eco-Chic Movement has just begun. 2007 saw an influx of beauty brands — both old and new — cashing in on the Green trend. Don’t expect it to die down any time soon.
I’m predicting more earth-friendly packaging, more organic ingredients, more “natural” cosmetic lines, and more beauty companies looking to reduce their carbon footprint.
2. Mineral Makeup: “Cleaner” Ingredients and Fresher Formulas. While the mineral makeup trend is still going strong, the increased competition in the marketplace will force industry players to come up with new concepts in order to cater to increasingly more discerning consumers (that’s us, Makeup Moxies ;)
Expect to see more brands touting talc- and bismuth-oxychloride-free formulas as well as more color and liquid- or cream-based mineral cosmetics.
3. Multi-tasking Self-Tanners. We’ve gotten just a taste of what beauty companies can do with their self-tanning formulas.
While Nivea already has a gradual self-tanner that pulls double duty as as a skin-firming body lotion, I won’t be the least bit surprised to see other brands follow suit and roll out new, multi-tasking self-tanners.
4. Better Sunscreens. Recent innovations in sunscreen formulation promise intriguing formulas that will do a better job of locking in moisture, repelling sand, or even moonlighting as anti-aging treatments and skin-perfecting formulas that will help to disguise wrinkles.
5. The Star Factor. While the New Year will inevitably bring more celebrity endorsements and more celebrity fragrances, the mystery lies in guessing the next famous face to make it big in the beauty world.
My celebrity pick is Kim Kardashian. Some love her, some hate her, but almost everyone wants to know what makeup she wears.
As the Kim Kard rides her wave of popular media attention, it only makes sense that a savvy cosmetic company will try to cash in on her hot streak too.
So what do you think Makeup Moxies? Want to take a guess at what celebrity we’ll see in this year’s beauty ads…or might even come out with her own perfume or makeup line?
Or are your Makeup Moxie instincts telling you that there will be a certain new beauty trend in 2008?
Feel free to leave a comment and share you own beauty predictions for the New Year!