Though there were a lot of products that launched in 2007 that I liked (and disliked), there are only a few that I find myself reaching for again and again.
It’s these “repeat” stars that I’ve listed below as my favorites of the year.
In no particular order (because I truly love ‘em all), here are my Top Ten Best Beauty Products of 2007:
- MAC Tendertone Lip Balm. This super-smooth pot lipgloss leaves lips soft, subtly tinted, and protected with SPF 12. Highly addictive, the only thing wrong with these silky balms is that they’re limited edition ($14.50, maccosmetics.com).
- Sukicolor Pure Cream Stain. Though it multi-tasks as an effective lipstick and lipstain, this tinted mineral cream is an excellent cream blush ($36.50, sukicolor.com).
- TRESemme Curl Activator Spray. One of the fastest and easiest ways to get tousled, beachy waves…no blowdryer required ($4.79, Walgreens).
- And when I don’t have to time to wash my hair, I’m all about Ojon Rub Out Dry Cleanser. With its ability to absorb grease and add volume and texture, I said goodbye to bad hair days when I found this beautifully scented dry shampoo ($24, Sephora).
- ThermaClear Acne Treatment Device. I wish I had this outstanding “zit-zapper” contraption when I had stubborn teen acne. But don’t get me wrong, I love having this device around to banish, or at least accelerate the healing of the occasional surprise pimple ($150, Sephora).
- Tarte Sunburst Beaded Bronzing Lotion. This light moisturizer is perfect for creating an ultra-natural-looking, dewy glow ($28, Sephora).
- For a longer-lasting boost of bronze color, Nivea Visage Sun-Kissed Self-Tanner combines a light facial moisturizer with an effective, gradual facial self-tanner that delivers a superb, non-orangey tan ($7, Drugstore.com) and SPF 4 sun protection.
- Neutrogena Illuminating Microderm Cleansing Pads. Effective, yet gentle, these cleansing pads leave your skin feeling smooth and refined (plus they’re great for travel ;) Available for $8 from Drugstore.com.
- Milani Mineral Makeup. Truly a drugstore superstar, this mineral foundation ranked #1 in my reviews and rankings of the best drugstore mineral makeup ($8, Walgreens).
- Too Faced Lash Injection. With its ability to add great volume to lashes with minimal clumping, smudging, or uncurling, this is one of the best non-waterproof mascaras on the market ($19.50, Sephora).
So do you agree with my picks, Makeup Moxies? What are some of your favorite beauty products of the year?